Practice Areas

The Henthorn Law Firm is a trusted resource for many business owners, families and individuals in Oklahoma, established in Yukon, Oklahoma in 1997. Call 405 350-1297 for a free consultation.

Experienced Representation for a Variety of Legal Matters

Probate, Wills, Trusts

B. Christopher Henthorn Probate, Wills and Trusts Photo Need a Will or Trust? Which one is better for me? Is my Will or Trust up to date? What is “probate” and when is it needed? What if I become incapacitated and can no longer take care of myself and my affairs? What are estate taxes and can I do something about them? Can I control my end-of-life circumstances to alleviate the burden on my family? Is a “Joint Tenancy with Right of Survivorship” property ownership deed or account best for me under my circumstances now? What about the new Oklahoma “transfer-on death deed (ownership)” - is it right for me?

We can answer these questions and many others. Let us assist you with the appropriate estate planning documents tailor-made for your needs or help you take of a family member’s estate after their passing.

Whether large or small or complex or simple, we will use our experience to prepare your Will, Trust, Durable Power of Attorney, Advance Directive for Health Care “Living Will” or other estate planning documents to help you with your particular needs and wishes. You can do many things now to ward off complications that might occur with your estate after you die.

Further, whether by Will or Trust, let us help you take care of a loved-ones’ estate after their death. It doesn’t have to be a mystery or an overwhelming burden. Your ease of mind could be worth it. Call us at 405-350-1297.

Real Estate Law

B. Christopher Henthorn Real Estate Photo Have something more than a routine residential house sale or purchase or has a more complicated issue come up? Do you own a piece of property in “Joint-Ownership” with other persons and they have now passed away? What is an easement or right-of-way and why is it effecting my property? What do you mean “covenants?” What does all that “W/2 NE/4 SW/4 SE/4 Sec.25 T12N R6W.I.M.” mean anyway? How do I go about figuring out what I am really buying or selling? What about the mineral interest? Do you have a unique sale or purchase or have complications and need more than the standard boiler-plate contract and deed language?

Further: Is a “Joint Tenancy with Right of Survivorship” property ownership deed best for me under my circumstances now? What about the new Oklahoma “transfer-on death deed (ownership)” - is it right for me?

We can help you understand the legal ease and address your particular questions and issues regarding your present land or the land you are interested in purchasing. Sometimes the solutions and documents can be fairly simple and sometimes they may not be. Either way, let us help. Call us at 405-350-1297.

Oil, Gas & Mineral Law

B. Christopher Henthorn Oil and Gas Photo Have you received an Oil & Gas Lease or Division Order from an oil company? What are “mineral interests” and “royalties”? How much do I own and what does all that “NE/4 SE/4 Sec. 2 T12N R6W.I.M., .0001275 R.I., and mineral acres” mean? Are you concerned about where the oil company is going to put the well location, access road, tanks or pipelines? What about the ponds or ground water on your property? Is an oil company wanting your water for its drilling and operations or is someone else wanting to drill a water well beside you? Have you been contacted about putting electric-generating wind-turbines on your property?

We can answer your questions, address your concerns, and, when needed, help you work with the companies to reach an agreement that satisfies your concerns. It doesn’t have to be confusing or overwhelming and you don’t always just have to give in. Many times issues can be resolved if they are addressed at the beginning rather than after construction work has already been done. Let our legal experience and many years of past, actual “hands-on” oil & gas field and agricultural experience help you. Call us at 405-350-1297.

Business Law

B. Christopher Henthorn Business Law Photo Have you been thinking about forming a “Company” for your business? Corporation, Partnership or LLC? What are the differences and which one is better for your circumstances? Can it limit your personal liability? Do you really need a formalized business entity? Do you already have company and need some further assistance? Are the documents you have complete or did you just “file” the company and then do nothing further? What happens to your company if you die or become incapacitated - who gets control of it and who gets it?

We can address your legal questions regarding these and many others, work with a qualified CPA to address your potential specific tax issues, and then prepare the legal documents you need for your business and business transactions. In today’s business world, it is better to have it in writing. Let us help. Call us at 405-350-1297.

Call 405 350-1297 for a Free Consultation